Rules and Regulations
To enter the contest, one must select solo or duet, complete a registration form and pay a registration fee. Each contestant is obliged to provide accurate, current and complete information.
The registration fee is due upon registration and is non-refundable.
Fee per solo participant:
- Early Bird Solo – 399 ₹ + payment gateway charges
- Late Bird Solo - 499 ₹ + payment gateway charges
• Sub juniors 4 to 9
• Juniors 9 to 15
• Sub Seniors 15 to 26
• Seniors 27 to 35
• Super Seniors 35 to 50
• Special Seniors 50 +
Competition level & Audition dates
Preliminary: Free Style Round
Singers for the Level 1 will be selected during the preliminary rounds
- Audition Start Date: Oct 12 2018
Submission End Date Early Bird: Oct 28 2018
Submission End Date Late Bird: Nov 14 2018
Audition Results: Nov 18 2018
Level 1: Round Robin Round
Start date Nov 28 2018
End date: Dec-09 2018
The main objective of this round is to test the versatility of the contestants. This round is composed of 3 sub-levels which pertain to different music genres. There will be no elimination per sub-level and will only happen after the total average score of each contestant is calculated after the last level.
Start date Dec 16 2018
End date: Dec-23 2018
How to Participate?
- Read the Contest Terms & Conditions for participation
Click on the payment link
Note down the payment ID after payment.
Enrol for the contest by filling up the registration form along with your payment ID.
Copy the SMULE link of your singing and fill the form.
General Terms & Conditions:
•Short cover songs are not allowed. Full song will only be accepted.
• Preliminary round is Free style.
• Only Video songs allowed. Keep in Studio or Super Studio mode only.
• Select clear devocalised tracks for singing
• No multiple Joins allowed.
• Only one entry per Payment.
• Contestants should mention clearly in which age category they are participating.
• Contestants can sing the same song as the previous contestants.
• The maximum duration of the rendition should not exceed 6 minutes.
• You cannot change your song selection after the registration has closed.
• Entries sent after the extended due dates won't be accepted.
• Failure to comply with all “Rules and Regulations” may result in disqualification.
• Song will be assessed on 10 parameters and a score will be awarded out of total 100 points.
• Participation certificates will be provided only to those who attend the award ceremony and to those who confirm attendance. Prizes or certificates will not be sent through any post or courier when there is a warding ceremony.
• The decision of our qualified judges will be final.
Notes for filling form and sending songs
- Full names of all the members should be clearly mentioned in the registration form.
- Direct point of contact provided in the registration form should be active with communication.
- In case of any invalid/misinformation or not fulfilling the criteria of the registration form will lead to disqualification.
- The video's sound quality should be good. Vocals should be audible.
- Vocalists’ faces must be clearly visible in the video.
- Already recorded Videos not allowed.
10 Parameters for Judging
- Quality of voice: Natural and distinctive tone of speech sounds produced by a person yields a particular voice. 10
Strength: Steadiness of voice power, Confidence Range of voice 10
Pitch: Adherence to the note and melody of the song 10
Tune: One which characterizes a certain piece of music 10
Rhythm: Tempo and timing of the song 10
Clarity: Pronunciation of words 10
Mood and Expression: Feeling or a song's specific state of mind. 10
Breath control: How you exhale controls the quality of the sound, the volume and the tone. 10
Creativity - Improvisation 10
Overall impact – winning component 10
Registered and Subscribed users can vote on videos that they like the most. Social media sharing is encouraged to help increase votes for your videos. The top 3 highest videos will be chosen as winners at the end of the competition.
Rules for Voting
- Only one vote per video can be made per person.
- Users must register or subscribe to our channel to vote.
- In the event of a tie, the winning money will be split evenly between the people who tie.
Travel expenses and Event tickets
Contestants, their parents, guardians and accompanists must bear all the costs related to their travel to and from the final event. *Free tickets or discounted tickets will be provided only the finale contestants.